DC Intern Diaries

I'm a female 24 year old DC permanent intern. You name it and I've probably interned it. I'm also a graduate student in DC.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

I'm glad we don't have royalty in this country

(CNN) -- Britain's Prince Harry has apologized for wearing a Nazi uniform to a party, admitting he made a bad choice and saying through his publicist, "I am very sorry if I caused any offense."

The apology was released on Wednesday by the Clarence House Press office: "I am very sorry if I caused any offense or embarrassment to anyone. It was a poor choice of costume and I apologize."

The press office said, "Prince Harry apologized tonight after he was pictured on the front page of The Sun newspaper in a Nazi soldier's uniform which he wore to a fancy dress party."

An image of the front page of Thursday's editions was released to the media late Wednesday.

A large headline reads, "Harry the Nazi."

Next to it stands the prince, who is wearing slacks and a short-sleeve shirt, both beige, with a red Nazi insignia on his left arm.

Prince Harry is third in line to the British throne after his father, Prince Charles, and his brother, Prince William.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home