DC Intern Diaries

I'm a female 24 year old DC permanent intern. You name it and I've probably interned it. I'm also a graduate student in DC.

Friday, December 03, 2004

How romantic!?!?

Democratic Sen. Jack Reed, 55, is finally giving up bachelorhood, having made up his mind about the woman he wants to marry: Julia Hart, 39, who works in the Republican-controlled Senate's interparliamentary services office. They were engaged last week after dating since August 2003. "I've spent 55 years trying to figure things out, and I guess I've figured out that you can't really know what attracts you to somebody," the Rhode Island senator told the Providence Journal. "She is the right person at the right time." Asked her political affiliation, Hart relied on an answer supplied by Reed's press secretary: "Catholic."

Okay, I can think of 100 better answers than "you can't really know what attracts you" and "she is the right person at the right time". What about she's my dream woman, the love of my life, my soul mate, even the trite and corny she completes me?? I mean come on how embarassing for her that that's what he said instead.

When did Catholic become a political affiliation? Most Catholics I know, both pro-choice and pro-lifers, are Democrats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home