DC Intern Diaries

I'm a female 24 year old DC permanent intern. You name it and I've probably interned it. I'm also a graduate student in DC.

Monday, June 07, 2004

Taxi cab come ons

See the report at: http://www.fox5dc.com/_ezpost/data/5215.shtml

This has happened on more than one occassion to me and my friends. The taxi commission is full of sh*t when they say they have only one complaint. This is a REAL problem in DC. The cabbies prey on young drunk women trying to get home. I have NEVER gotten a receipt from a cabbie with his name or company on it! Nor does the vast majority of cabs I have been make their face card and ID number visible. I would have no idea how to identify the cabbies that have tried to make their move on me. I have found that the safest thing is to call someone (or pretend to) and talk the whole ride and to tell the person where I am in the cab. It's much less likely the cabbie will try to do something if they think that you're telling a real person where you are.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home