DC Intern Diaries

I'm a female 24 year old DC permanent intern. You name it and I've probably interned it. I'm also a graduate student in DC.

Monday, June 07, 2004

A Political Funeral?

Are the Republicans using Reagan's death for political gains or what? When was the last person that had a week long funeral? Did Princess Diana have a one week funeral and have her body shipped back and forth? Is Ford going to have such a nice procession, or just Regan? Is this new policy for all presidents that die? Why don't they just have a ceremony for a day and use the money they are spending on giving government employees a holiday towards fighting alzheimers? Don't get me wrong, I look forward to my day off, but I think he'd rather have money towards helping others with his condition than spending taxpayer money on giving us a holiday and paying for a week long circus.

1 Comments:

At June 7, 2004 at 5:33 PM, Blogger dlcindc said...

Hey DCIntern...I found your "toothing" blog and you got me hooked on this blogging thing...I also was reading your post a while back about interning and possibly running away to Costa Rica and declaring bankruptcy...Let me know if you need some help ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home